Cynthia joined the firm in 2015 after working as a federal and state public defender in the New Orleans as well as Miami, Florida. Cynthia has extensive white collar litigation experience and litigated numerous cases at both the federal and state levels. She represented clients in connection with allegations of public corruption, mail fraud, tax fraud, wire fraud, narcotics trafficking, and crimes of violence. Additionally, Cynthia has represented individuals in connection with Grand Jury proceedings as well as internal government investigations related to potential federal criminal violations.
Since joining the firm, Cynthia has represented clients involved in a broad spectrum of legal practice areas, including personal injury, homeowner insurance claims, commercial litigation, and maritime cases.
Cynthia is a member of the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel in the Eastern District of Louisiana, a trial advocacy instructor at Tulane University Law School, and a board member of the Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. She has presented at various CLEs regarding the United States Sentencing Guidelines (USSG) and recent amendments to the same.
- Tulane University, School of Law (New Orleans, Louisiana), Juris Doctor, 2002
- American University, School of Public Affairs (Washington, DC), Bachelor of Arts, 1997
- Of Counsel, Brownelaw, LLC – 2015 – present
- Attorney, Public Defender Office for the 24th JDC, 2013 – 2018
- Member, Cimino & Associates, LLC, 2013 – present
- Assistant Federal Public Defender, Federal Public Defender, EDLA, 2008 – 2013
- Staff Attorney, Orleans Public Defender, 2006 – 2008
- Assistant Public Defender, Miami-Dade Public Defender, 2002 – 2006
- Florida Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United State District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Board Member, Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Instructor, Trial Advocacy Program, Tulane University
- Member, Criminal Justice Act Panel for the Eastern District of Louisiana